Sara from Farmama has so kindly given me a Kreativ blogger award. I read Sara's blog daily because not only is she a mama of four and is a farmer on her sustainable family farm, she also makes the time to write a beautiful blog with stunning photographs about her daily life. I also love that she homeschools her children in a Waldorf-inspired way. Thank you for the award Sara!
Here's what Kreativ Blogger Award recipients are supposed to do:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person to whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Link to those sites on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominate.
...and you are also to list 7 things about yourself.
So I am going to start with a list of seven things you might know or not know about me:
1) I have been a vegetarian all my life. I have never eaten meat (well, perhaps once when I had taken a bite of pizza at primary school when I was about five years old and promptly spat it out...it had something spicy on it, possibly pepperoni?)
2) I have an identical twin sister. She is about to become a mama and is expecting her first baby Christmas day.
3) I am in remission from cancer, I had Hodgkin's Disease when I was twenty one years old and had chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I celebrated my thirtieth birthday this year.
4) One of my favourite activities to do with the children is playing with home-made play-doh, simply because I love it! I like smooshing it. (I think I just made that word up!)
5) K and L are TV free 99% of the time. They watch about one hour of television once a week. I find they are able to independently play more creatively this way.
6) I am not TV free, once the children are tucked up in bed, I love to cozy under my quilt on the sofa and watch the Australian soaps Home and Away and Neighbours which I have on series record.
7) In January this year, I decided to lose my baby weight. I have lost over two stone and am now a UK size eight, the size I was before I had my babies.
I would like to pass the Kreativ blogger award to:
I love reading about all the inspiring crafting activities you get up to with your children. I love the whole feel of your blog.
I love reading about your tales of everyday life with your children and the way you write about parenting. I am inspired everyday by your blog. Your passion for life really comes through in your writing.
You are always creating a beautiful 'work in progress'. It's lovely to read about the wonderful Waldorf life you all lead. Your photographs show such a stunning glimpse into your everyday life.
I found your blog right at the very beginning of our Waldorf journey, well over eighteen months ago. It was such a source of inspiration to me and it still is! You have created a stunning Waldorf home for your family. The girls love your seasonal songs and you have wonderful ideas for activities. Our two little girls are a similar age as well!
Visiting you blog is always such a visual treat for me, it makes me want to get out into the garden even more than we already do. Your photos are drenched with colour. Your writing is so lyrical and is a beauty in itself.
I adore seeing all the crafting you do,especially when you are making something sweet for your children. Seeing glimpses of your home and how Waldorf works for your family is lovely.
The colour palette of your photographs is amazing and makes me want to be a better photographer. Your pictures really pop! I love reading about your everyday Waldorf adventures. Your posts about knitting are so inspiring they make me want to learn to knit.
It was so hard just to choose seven people to pass this award onto from all the wonderful blogs I read...To the bloggers that I have passed the Kreativ blog award on to, please don't feel like you have to participate, only join in if you would like to.